Maintenance Tech 3
North Aurora, IL • Maintenance
Aurora Packing Company is looking for a Maintenance Technician III with electrical and welding skills. They will perform general maintenance, repair, troubleshoot, install, and set up production equipment, in accordance with safety, predictive, and productive maintenance systems.
- Maintain and repair manufacturing equipment.
- Perform predictive and preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting, and repair of production machines.
- Adjust, calibrate, clean, and lubricate equipment. Move machinery and equipment as needed
- Perform forklift maintenance, including changing the wheels, battery etc.
- Rebuild trolleys.
- Sharpen air knives.
- Read and interpret work orders and equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments.
- Make hoses and grease tools & equipment.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, and defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Strong Behavior-Based Safety Attitude
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Cold and warm temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, sharp knives, moving mechanical parts and vibration, and job sites can be loud. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. Occasionally lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 3+ years of manufacturing/industrial maintenance experience required.
- Electrical knowledge up to 3 Phase 480V.
- Welding skills are highly desired.
- Steady work history
- Must be mechanically inclined with a strong behavior-based safety attitude
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, including weekends, when scheduled
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Must be 18 years of age or older and legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be willing and able to perform the physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.60 – $26.60 per hour
* Employee Referral UP TO $900 Bonus *
We take pride in the various safety programs we have in place that are designed to protect our employees. We have taken a proactive approach to minimize the health risk of spreading the virus. We are committed to providing a safe workplace for everyone.
APC believes all persons have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. It is the policy of APC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, national origin, gender, race, color, religion, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All applicants will receive consideration for employment based on merit, qualifications, and business needs. APC participates in the E-Verify program.