The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Maintain all buildings, grounds and related manufacturing equipment.
- Perform predictive and preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Strong behavior-based safety attitude.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to cold and warm temperatures, fumes or airborne particles, sharp knives, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, hourly Local 1546 position.
Hours are Monday through Friday, 3:00PM to 11PM, plus overtime. A minimum of 4-hours on Saturdays.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 2+ years of manufacturing maintenance experience required.
- Electrical knowledge up to 3 Phase 480V required.
- Welding skills preferred, but not required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Disclaimer: This description is not intended, and should not be interpreted to be a full list of all responsibilities, requirements and work environment associated with this job. It is intended to reflect the basic job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance and compensation, thus the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.