The Production Worker is an entry level position that may be assigned to openings in a variety of departments in the production area. Production Workers receive on the job training to learn skills for numerous positions.
Starting pay for the Production Worker is $13.00 per hour and after 90 days of successful employment increases to $13.80! Work typically starts at 6AM; but with overtime may typically may end around 6PM, Monday Thru Friday and some Saturdays (Required).
We pay weekly. This position also receives medical, dental, disability and life insurance.
- Cuts, and trims meat products using a knives and other machinery.
- Operates various production equipment in the processing of meat products which includes packaging, deboning, skinning and grinding.
- Operates box and lid making machine.
- Straps, lifts and stacks processed meat products.
- Performs quality checks on trimmed meat
- Follows company Good Manufacturing Practice program to produce safe, quality food.
- Performs various other production duties as assigned by management.
Physical Job Requirements
- Ability to work in hot, wet areas where the temperature ranges from 65°F to 80°F; as well as cooler area where the temperature could range between 38°F to 42°F.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Routinely perform a variety of tasks that require manual product handling and the use of hand tools, knives, machinery, and other equipment.
- A variety of arm and hand movements are required in applying force and repetition; grasping, pinching, pulling, lifting, extending, and flexing the hands and arms to perform tasks.
- Continuously stand and walk for the duration of the shift (normally 7-8-hour shifts), sometimes on wet, slippery surfaces.
- Lift, carry lower, push and pull heavy objects or loads that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
- Reach overhead, bend, and twist, climb ladders, steps, stairwells, and walkways.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, including weekends, when scheduled.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.